Bridge placement






When I milled out the cavities for the bridge and string anchor I made a major screwup!!


The centerline was of by 4 millimeters!! All due to my wrong assumption that the middle screw-hole for the old bridge would be on that line, well, it wasn't.
The bridge and string anchor fit perfectly in the cavities I made for them, but somehow I had to come up with a plan to get them on the centerline again.

In the end what I came up with was to just mill out two rectangular cavities and make a surround between the bridge parts and the body.

I cut these surrounds out of pieces of plastic and paper with the laser engraver we got at work. I cut them out of several different thicknesses so I could fill them out flush with the top of the body.



In the end it didn't work out too bad, but it is not what I had in mind when I started on it.





Back